Friday, December 26, 2008

It's not broken! But...

Since most of you already knew I've been laid up, thought I'd drop a note, as we just got back from the ER. Week before Sunday, Wanda and I were walking to Kennedy School and I fell on the ice about halfway there. I thought it was just a sprain, and I know how to take care of a sprain, so I didn't think much of it. By the time I realized that it wasn't 'just' a sprain, we were snowed in! Argh!. Finally got the truck out today and went to ER for xrays. Not broken- just a *really* bad sprain, tendon damage, etc. I have a half-cast sorta splint and crutches and I get to follow up with the orthopedist next week. Looking at 4-6 weeks recovery. :-P But I'll be at 12th Night! Just be a little less mobile than usual, that's all...

And that's pretty much it! We've been in the house, mostly curled up with books and kitties (though Wanda hogs the kitties) and trying to stay warm. I haven't cut out my 12th Night gown yet because I haven't been up to dragging myself up the stairs to the sewing room. Maybe later this weekend I can do that. Need to get some stuff done around here- James will be up sometime Sunday to spend the rest of winter break with me, since I couldn't come down. Hoping we can find some time to spend just goofing off... not that I don't goof off a lot already, but usually when he's here we get busy and then I get overtired and crash...

And hopefully I can get some cookies made, so that James can drop some cookies off with the kids on his way home!

No comments: