Tuesday, September 2, 2008

For Air Force Two?

“McCain has been running this campaign based on 'We're at war, it's a dangerous world out there. The democrats don't get that. I, John McCain, am the only one standing between the blood-thirsty Al Qaedas and you. But if I die, this stewardess can handle it.'" –Bill Maher

But the peanuts will still cost you extra, sir.

Well, the political scene continues to be 'interesting' in the Chinese sense. They aren't just finding skeletons in her closet- there seems to be an entire ossuary in there. And now her poor kid is in the limelight- imagine being 17 and preggers and the whole nation staring at you- fer real? If there's a rock nearby, I'm sure she's under it.

I am glad that Obama came out and specifically said that the families are out-of-bounds and if he finds out someone one his campaign is involved in that sharkfest, they're fired. So the tabloids are picking up the slack- the _National Enquirer_, of all things, broke the teen pregnancy story. And apparently they now have an entire crew up in Alaska, looking for whatever they can find. Oy. Glad my name's not Palin!

I'm still aghast that they are still pretending that her nomination is real. I keep thinking Dick Cheney will pop up out of his undisclosed localtion, yelling 'April fool!' Or something.

In other news, something went 'poink!' at the base of my neck earlier today and it is still out. Which makes me cranky. But I went out and got the rest of the materials (except for the finish cord, which is on order) for the verger's robes. Plan to start blocking them out after Acorn War, which is this weekend. And I have Malcom's 'civil servant pinstripe' gown to finish, Elfreda's gown, Sofia's kids' stuff, Wanda's pavilion... and thinking about 12th Night. Not like there's nothing to do. Just wish I felt like doing it, you know?

No comments: