Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Getting ready for a holiday...

can be a bit of a tangle. Especially if you're a kitty!

(This is not one of our kitties- Shadow was the only one in the room when I had the lights out of the box, and he was observing from his 'God-kitty' perch on top of the arm chair. With his usual 'what-on-earth-are-you-DOING!?' look on his face...)

Did you know that Santa is a stalker? He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been bad or good...

So, what's news recently...

My replacement debit card finally arrived. Now I have to take it down to the bank to pick a PIN that I can actually remember. And maybe to look for that last couple of gifts. Dunno - I really am stumped for a couple of them.

Dan and Alanna will be here noonish Wednesday- I'm hoping that I'm actually sentient when they get here. (Past few days have been really slow.) That'll liven up the house a bit!

I got the body and sleeves cut out of a new houppelande for James. Also have to get the surcoat started, and then the sideless surcoat for Jill. She bought silk velvet instead of the cotton velvet/velveteen I suggested. There is a vast difference in difficulty in handling the silk velvet and I'm really dreading working on this. :-(

James will cruise on in Sunday evening. Alanna's parents will be in sometime too. The house will be full, and I think we will be drawing lots for showers! Sad part is that none of my kids will be here for Christmas. I'm feeling very empty-nesty.

However, sometime this week I plan to begin making Christmas junk food- rice crispie treats. fudge, cookies, etc. The trick will be in not eating them all myself!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

But silk velvet is so soft...

I believe in you! And in the ability of your houseguests to eat up the baked goods.

Liutgard said...

But it's wubbly, and crawls all over! And I don't have a walking foot, so I will have to baste the whole damn thing. Not happy!

Baking tomorrow maybe- after getting them in and the bed set up and made and all, I am really wiped out. Time for sleepy-bobos!

BeadingBarb said...

Laura,
I have every confidence that you will produce an exquisite gown in the silk velvet. You are an experienced seamstress,and as a fellow seamstress, I know you are up to the challenge. YOu are one stubborn lady, according to my baby brudder James. ( and he is 'expert' at judging stubborn.