Thursday, June 19, 2008

Just a little bit...

Time stress and money stress. I just got back from the grocery, having spent closer to $30 more than I usually do, and not because I bought a bunch of junk. Y'all know what I eat at tourneys, yes? Oy oy oy. I was going to make leeks and funges (mushrooms) but leeks were @#$%^& $$4 a bunch! $4! So I did not buy leeks. I bought some green onions instead and I'll have to fake it. Meat is way out of line too. I remember when you could get a chicken for just a couple of bucks. $8, baby. I got the wine for Ypocras at Trader Joe's, but I didn't get any beer. Simply not in the budget right now.

So I think that this may be the last feast I throw for awhile. Of course, I won't be eventing again for a bit- July I'm going to Omaha (Yay. Omaha in July. Joy.) for the fambily thing. I don't think I'm going to Tryggvy's War. Dunno about the rest of the season.

Yet on my to-do list for today-make brownies and gyngerbrede, fix the hinge thing on the bedframe, clean out the car, and get with the packing thing. But I made it to the copy shop, TJ's, the Post Awful and the cleaners, and the grocery. So I'm doing good. Just not done yet...

Well, no rest for the wicked- back to work!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Onyuns not teh saem as leeks!
But funguses are good no matter how you slice 'em.

I wish I had some gyngerbrede! Delicious.