Sunday, January 27, 2008

OBEY THE KITTY!

We all know who is *really* in charge around here...

Wanda just got home from yet another business trip, which means that (hopefully) I will not have the War of the Worlds happening on my blankets tonight. I left my door open last night, and Shadow and Zoe were scrapping over who got to sit on what side of me and whether they were allowed to lie down or not. Or rather, Zoe growled a lot and Shadow did his very best to look totally innocent. Ha! I am not fooled!

I just talked to Stephen, and he says they have something like 6" of snow in Eugene! Not fair! Eugene almost never gets snow! I want some too! Hey, I have milk, tea, and Malt O Meal- I'll not suffer if I'm snowed in. And it would be fun to play in. It also might hide the front lawn, which looks pretty sad at the moment.

Speaking of sad, I've kinda had a rough week. The depression has really been smothering me, and left to my own devices, I could have stayed in bed all week. Thankfully there were groceries to buy, etc, so I had to occasionally scrape the moss off and leave the house.

I finally finished reading the Salian Laws, which are early Frankish. Pretty cool. Not so nice to know that I'm only worth 200 solidi in weregeld. 'Cause I'm over the hill. (Hill? What hill? I don't remember seeing no hill!) Now I'm reading a biography of Charles of Orleans. *Really* interesting, seeing the ins and outs of diplomatic practice, etc. Poor guy was captured at Agincourt and spent most of his life as a hostage in England. The various negotiations for peace and/or his release dragged on and on and on... and the Burgundians helped it drag on too. (Bad blood between Orleans and Burgundy- killing each other's fathers tends to do that.) And I'm spraining my brain a bit- he was a poet of some note, and his poems and letters excerpted in this book are not in translation. Oy oy oy, I have forgotten so much!

I have a Hospitaller surcoat about half done for James, and next I have to make myself a winter coat. My old winter coat no longer fits and besides that, it was threadbare. My raincoat is pretty threadbare too, and it doesn't fit either. None of the patterns I've seen are really what I want, so I think I'm just going to draft a G63 and call it a coat. Because I can. :-)

2 comments:

James Johnson said...

It snowed 9" Sunday. It snowed an inch this afternoon. It's snowing a couple inches now. He he he he!

Liutgard said...

Don't gloat, dear. It's unbecoming. :-)