Monday, April 2, 2007

6'6" with the hair...

Wanda and I went to the old Bagdad Theater in the Hawthorne district, and saw John and Teresa Kerry there this evening (on purpose- it was a ticketed event). They're out promoting their new book on the environment (can't let Al take all of the press there ;-)) and we each got a copy as part of the ticket price.Was really pretty neat. John even slipped in a couple of good digs on the current administration (calling them Neanderthals- Wanda said that's an insult to Neanderthals worldwide!). Ahhh... it felt so good to sit in a theater full of like-minded folk. Haven't felt like that since the last Harry Potter opening! (Ha- that even made it in- John said he'd been tempted to call his book 'Harry Potter and the Environment' to pump sales).

In other news, I spent most of the week/weekend with James, instead of blogging (can't imagine why...). Friday night we went to Powell's, and I had to force myself to be good, only spent about $20. Saturday we went to the defender's tourney in Mountain's Edge. Nice little shire event, low key. I had to make a new gown, since everything I own is not fitting at the moment, but it turned out pretty well. Went to brunch with the gang Sunday. Was very interesting- Linda has been reading this book "A History of God", which has left her with more questions than it answered. She says that she can't understand why educated, thinking folks like us would believe in a being like she's been reading about. (The Old Testament God is especially cranky, in her estimation. I agree.) So it seems like there will be more conversations as she reads more...

I've not been feeling well at all the past few days. Not sleeping especially well, or at least, requiring a lot more sleep than I'd think I should. I even curled up on the floor in a corner at the event and napped for a bit- I could not stop yawning and stay awake. Sunday after James left I went back to bed, slept several hours, got up for a bit and went back to bed. Much the same today- I got up for a short time in the morning, then went back to bed. Woke up at three. Somehow I imagine this is not a good thing.

Annie got her stuff from Connecticut, and is busy trying to unpack while not having any furniture as of yet. I need to pack up some stuff and send it to her...

The rest of this week I need to devote to sewing- need to get work done on Jill's gown, and I need to get my Easter outfit done. If I have to be heavy, I can at least look nice. That's the plan at least.

In the meantime, more sleep would seem to be in order...

No comments: