Friday, March 16, 2007

It's officially Spring!

Ok, maybe the calendar doesn't say so, but I say so. And why? Because I just heard the first lawn mower of the season! And what a lovely sound it was! I think the sun even shines brighter...

I had to run Susitna in to the vet's and picked up an Rx on the way home. Oooh- spring really has sprung! Cherry, plum, and crabapple trees are blooming all over, The forsythia have exploded, the camellias are in bright bloom, and I even saw some azaelea blooming. There's daffodils, our hyacinth have bloomed (oh, the front walk smells so good!), and the violets have poked their little faces up! Hooray for violets!

Oy. Only a matter of days before the allergies start in...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now you merely taunt me! We hae 6 inches of snow on the ground here..

Liutgard said...

Ha! You left the balmy Upper Left Coast, and whaddya get? Real weather!

Heh.

:-)

James Johnson said...

Snow? Snow? Since when do you get snow in the city. Snow is white. What you got is grey ooblek.

Unknown said...

Nuh uh, it's mostly brown speckly ooblek.. Well, whatever it is it's yucky. There's just no other word. Yucky!