Monday, June 23, 2008

...And I'm very religious.


I made it to my water aerobics class today, got through class, came home and went back to bed. When did I wake up? A little after 5...

The dinner for Their Highnesses went very well. We had Chyckens in Hocchee, Beeff Y-Stewed, Pommes Endored, Tart of Greens (from Menagier de Paris), Losyns, Salad, Funges (with green onions instead of leeks, and it actually worked), ummm... Cheesecake with strawberries, some fruit, Gyngerebrede, and Wine with Ypocras. I carved because I sort of know how. I did mention that a knight would have carved for a Prince, at which Rustam admitted that he didn't know the business end of a carving knife. I also told them a little about period service, how feast were ordered and served, details like the knight kneeling to carve the dead object, no candles on the table, and a little of the hierarchy of serving. They were like 'Wow, that's cool'. AND Sofia's kids liked the food! YAY!!! And we had enough food, even though I forgot the Erbowle in the freezer here, and didn't remember the carrots until I went to put away the leftovers. Also forgot the wafers completely. Oh- and leftover chicken chomped down with Gyngerbrede is actually pretty good!

Gemma and I didn't get cranky at each other, which I pretty much anticipated- neither one of us is that hard to get along with, I think. She crashed early Saturday night and I trundled over to hang with Amalric and Caia and the rest of the rabble over there. That was a lot of fun, and not just because I was drinking. They are such fun people! The boyz really like the puppet theatre and the candy, and I really like seeing the big grins. I like being an Auntie. Phoenix was running around asking if he looked like a vampire (was eating one of the Blood Pops) which was really funny because he's got teeth missing . :-) And the Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans are always a hit.

The slats for the bed soft of worked and sort of didn't. Conceptually they were great, and yes we slept on them. But the board down the middle of the frame isn't wide enough to support the ends of both board sections, so we had to overlap them. So I'm thinking about some sort of velcro assembly to hold the ends together. But I don't have to do it right away because I likely won't be doing another camping event until September Coronet. Between now and then are mostly wars, and since James won't be there, there's kind of no point in my going- there's nothing for me to do! So I think I will stay home and try to catch up financially. Maybe I can get James up here or go down and visit him.

Probably be moving cars around sometime tonight or tomorrow, so I can unload by littles. I simply do not have the energy to do any unloading tonight, though I do need to go dig out the laundry bag and throw it downstairs. Other than that, the rest can wait a bit. I think I'll run my dishes through the dishwasher though- there's chicken grease on everything and we tried to get it off but there's only so much you can do in camp.

And I got a teeny bit of sunburn, on the back of my neck. I usually have veils on and they cover that, but as I was working in the kitchen all day I didn't have them on. Ouch.

I swore fealty to Gustav and Sofia, which raised a couple of eyebrows. Nyah. I lived there for 7 years, still play there as much or more than I do locally, and my heart lives in Glyn Dwfn. So why wouldn't I? And once James is done with school and finds a teaching job, chances are pretty good that I'll be back down there. And there's a lot of work to do there. There's not nearly enough gothic-era folks there, or Franks for that matter. :-) (Bwahahahaha!!!)

No comments: