Wednesday, July 11, 2007

LUNA ROCKS!

I went to see the new Harry Potter movie with Bera and Alail last night. Considering that they had to condense 879 pages (the longest of the books so far) into a movie-length feature, I think they did a damn good job of it. I think that the pacing and transitions could have been smoother (a little more clutch, guys!), but I was amazed at how much of the book they managed to get in. And Luna Lovegood was very, very well done. Tonks didn't get much screen time, but she was good. And Helena Bonham-Carter made a very good Bellatrix- she's really quite skilled at playing someone who's unhinged...

I did discover that sitting for four hours (they let us into the theatre about 1 1/2 hours before screen time) was not the best thing I've ever done. And *$3.75* for a slurpee? Highway robbery! Left me with not enough cash to get any Good n' Plenty! Boo!

It was over 100 out yesterday, and the A/C in the theatre felt really good. Nearly that today, but I slept through most of it, and ate popsicles when I was awake.

Sure hope it cools down soon...

2 comments:

Mel. said...

Oh wasn't it a fun movie? There were things I wanted to see, but agree that they did a great job at covering most of the important bases. And Luna was marvelous!! Just like I pictured her. I didn't like Umbridge, felt she was to characterized and fake. Staunton looked like she was acting.

Sorry it has been so hot for you up there. We've been reaching triple digits with the heat index lately. UGH! Hot *and* muggy. I'd send you popcicles if I thought they'd make the trip. Go find a nice cool place to just loiter. :)

Unknown said...

I got yer package! I love that it is in your cute orange vacuum box. Hooray for clothes and blankie! I sure was glad to see those skirts and tank tops.