Saturday, July 7, 2007

Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones...

Erg.

So, I got the xrays done yesterday. The paperwork was indeed ready, and I didn't have to wait too long. Put on my too-short nightie (why must they make them of such hideous fabrics?), came out from behind the curtain and said "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr DeMille, which cracked the tech up. Very hard to get up on the table, but I eventually did it. They let me see the films, which was cool. I got a surprise though. I had expected the off-kilterness of the SI joints. They _looked_ uncomfortable. But it was the front that surprised me. I'd suspected that I had seperated a bit, since I have been feeling a lot like I did just after Lydia was born. But no- instead of 1" or the normal 1cm of separation at the pubic bone, there was... none. It looked like the cartilage was gone. If I have dry bones rubbing on each other, that would explain a lot of the pain...

So we'll see what the learned folk say on Monday, I guess. In the meantime, James and I are off to see a movie. :-)

3 comments:

Cato said...

Anything good playing? Been so buried at work to even know what is in the theaters these days.

Liutgard said...

We saw 'Ratatouille' which was hysterical! And Tuesday night I'm off to the midnight showing of Harry Potter...

Cato said...

So are we and I am even taking Wednesday off. After we wake up, Mel and I are off to Ft. Walton to check out the site for our August event that she is doing the feast for. Did the practice feast this evening and everything worked quite well. Will let her tell you more.