Saturday, May 3, 2008

It was a work party!





Well, there was this work party, see?

Marya and Ursel and Claire came over and we spent the day sewing. Except for the hour or so that we spent on dinner, we worked from about 1 to 10pm. Marya got an undergown done, Ursel got hers done up to the side seams (she still has hem and emellishments, etc. to do), and Claire finished her side gores. I embroidered leaves. Again. Still. But the picture up here shows the progress on the second sleeve. I'm getting there.

I took pictures of Ursel and Marya's gowns, but I am very embarrassed to admit that a large portion of my finger was in the frame, so you couldn't actually see them. Oops. So you'll have to take my word for it that their gowns are nice.

I am completely wrung out, so that's it for now. May add more in the morning.

No comments: