Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Argh! To sleep, perchance to- dang it, that lead popped off again...

 

So, I had another sleep study last night. Or a 'you've got to be kidding me' study. Who can sleep with all of those wires all over?
 
 
 
Yeah, that's roughly what I looked like.Well, with a headful of electrodes, too-
 
 Epilepsy
 
And add an assortment on wires for EKG (and I'm allergic to the glue on the pads for those), a cannula on my nose and more monitors... 

Bed was lumpy, sheets were scratchy, room was cold. I didn't sleep well, kept waking up, my back hurt a LOT, and one of the leads on my legs kept coming loose, so the tech had to come in and clip it back on. Apparently I was talking in my sleep, which is unusual for me. And not just talking- teaching in my sleep! (Father Abelard rides again!) And the tech said I was singing at one point. Very, very weird.
 
Came home, smeared four coconuts worth of coconut oil into my hair, to get the out from the EEG leads out. Took about 40 minutes in the shower to get my hair presentable. (It is still not happy.) And then I went back to bed. And slept. A LOT.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get done what I intended to do today.After I've had some sleep at least...

1 comment:

Sharon Kwilter said...

I definitely would not be able to sleep with all those wires.